CIC energiGUNE is seeking a technician for its Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) facility. The NMR facility serves more than 10 active research groups in the fields of thermal and electrochemical energy storage. The platform includes 3 Bruker NMR instruments ranging in field from 200 to 500 MHz. The facility conducts a wide range of modern NMR experiments on both solids and liquids. As the NMR technician, you must hold at least an M.Sc. degree in chemistry or a related field with experience in either one or both high resolution or solid-state NMR spectroscopy. You must be enthusiastic, highly motivated and work well both independently and in groups. Reporting to the NMR facility manager, you will collect routine NMR data as a service, assist students and answer questions, fill the magnets weekly with liquid nitrogen, help with equipment maintenance (including liquid helium fills), maintain a data archive, keep accurate time and usage records, and assist the NMR facility manager in the general operation of the facility.
This position will also include the synthesis of simple organic and inorganic materials as well as electrode formulation and electrochemical characterization.
- Perform routine liquid and solid-state NMR experiments.
- NMR sample preparation (solids and liquids).
- Maintain laboratory in a clean and safe manner.
- Maintain well documented laboratory records.
- Perform basic maintenance of the NMR equipment.
- Basic chemical synthesis and electrochemical characterization.
What we offer:
We are offering a permanent contract and advantageous professional development opportunities.
CIC energiGUNE offers a competitive basic salary augmented by important benefits such as special conditions for a private health insurance that compare favorably with the best global private and public institutions.
The foundation will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, physics or other scientific disciplines in a related field or equivalency required.
- Experience with Bruker NMR hardware and software preferred.
- Experience in material synthesis, electrode formulation and device design/fabrication are a plus.
- Capable of adapting to changing priorities.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work individually and in groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.