CIC Energigune is seeking for an experienced researcher to engage in the research and development of solid polymer electrolyte for rechargeable Li batteries.
- Synthesis, processing and characterization of polymer electrolytes, lithium salts, additives and related materials.
- Characterize the materials using analytical instruments.
- Proof of concept study of polymer-based solid batteries at the lab level.
- Characterization of solid electrolyte-electrode interface (electrochemically and chemically).
- Collaborate in writing proposals to secure funding from government and industrial sources.
What we offer
We are offering a 36-month position in the field of solid-state batteries. The selected candidate will be part of a team up to five researchers working for the same project goal.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, CIC energiGUNE offers a competitive basic salary augmented by important benefits such as special conditions for a private health insurance that compare favorably with the best global private and public institutions.
CIC energiGUNE will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers accommodation and addresses, other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment.
The Basque Country is renowned for the beauty of its natural surroundings. It offers high standards of living and quality of life making it an attractive area to live in.
How to apply
All applicants are invited to submit through this website detailed curriculum vitae and 2 reference letters.
- PhD in Materials Science, Polymer Chemistry, Electrochemistry or related fields.
- Training and expertise in processing and characterization of polymer-based electrolytes and integration in lithium metal batteries.
- Expertise on electrochemical (galvanostatic cycling, CV, impedance measurements etc.), thermal (DSC, TGA), spectroscopy (FTIR, Raman) and microscopy (scanning electron microscopy) techniques.
- Experience on surface analysis techniques and electrolyte/electrode interface analysis will be positively considered.
- Experience on polymer synthesis would be considered positively
- A team player who can collaborate with colleagues in other groups, technical centers, and industries.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Spanish and Basque are optional but not compulsory.