CIC energiGUNE is seeking a Researcher for the development of solid-state batteries: from integration to characterization. The postdoc will work in collaboration of the Polymer and ceramic Research lines and will integrate the group of Cells and Electrochemical Testing.
- Processing and characterization of polymer electrolytes.
- Characterize the materials using analytical instruments.
- Cell integration into a lab-cell proof of concept.
- Characterization of solid electrolyte-electrode interface (electrochemically and chemically).
- Collaborate in writing proposals to secure funding from governmental and industrial sources.
What we offer:
We are offering a 24-36-month position within an industrial collaboration in the field of solid-state batteries. The selected candidate will be part of a team up to five researchers working for the same project goal.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
How to apply
All applicants are invited to submit through this website detailed curriculum vitae and 2 reference letters.
The selection process ends once a candidate is selected.
- PhD in Materials Science, Polymer Chemistry, Electrochemistry or related fields.
- Training and expertise in processing and characterization of solid-state electrolytes (polymeric and inorganic).
- Experience in Electrochemical (galvanostatic cycling, CV, impedance measurements etc.), thermal (DSC, TGA), spectroscopy (FTIR, Raman) and microscopy (scanning electron Microscopy) techniques.
- Expertise on surface analysis techniques and/or use of solid electrolyte interphase (SEI)-forming additives.
- Experience on organic or polymer synthesis would be considered positively.
- A team player who can collaborate with other groups, technical centers, and industries.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.