The candidate will model, simulate, design and test disruptive engineering technologies for a variety of industrial heat processes or products. The activity involves competences as process engineer to apply on new thermal technologies (Material and energy balances, heat transfer calculations, P&ID, pipes calculation, etc.). In addition, the candidate will develop thermodynamic models to describe and improve the heat exchange in the novel devices and processes proposed in the Thermal Energy Solutions area.
Together with industrial partners and leveraging on the expertise of first-class researchers the candidate will develop engineering solutions to improve the energy efficiency of thermal processes and products, which may involve the design and construction of prototypes at CIC energiGUNE or industrial sites.
Do you want to take part in the zero-carbon energy transition of the future? Then join our creative team and develop solutions for more energy efficient processes and systems. You can benefit from a multidisciplinary environment, state of the art knowledge and world-class testing infrastructure.
- To develop of CFD and system/process dynamic models and simulations.
- To provide ideas and design of thermal processes and products (material and energy balances, PFD and P&ID, heat loss calculation, economic sizing of pipes and equipment, etc.)
- To carry out testing activities (instrumentation and control).
- To participate in dissemination activities: technical conferences, congresses, informative articles, etc.
- To support our international project partners in industry and academia
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 3-year contract and advantageous professional development opportunities and a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, CIC energiGUNE offers a competitive basic salary and integration in an enthusiastic and multidisciplinary young group with great projection and commitment with sustainability and research quality.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters a this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical or Manufacturing engineering, Physics or other technical disciplines in a related field.
- Experience using computational fluid dynamic (CFD) software (i.e. ANSYS Fluent, OpenFOAM, STAR-CCM+ or similar).
- Experience on system dynamics modeling (i.e. TRNSYS, Modelica, Simulink or similar).
- Experience as a process and or thermal engineer.
- Knowledge of control engineering and knowledge of hardware-related interface programming will be very valuable
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (Spanish or Basque valuable but not compulsory).
- PhD in a related topic is very valuable.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, academic and industrial partners.