CIC energiGUNE is seeking an experienced/senior engineer/researcher to lead the design, characterization and stabilization of surfaces and interfaces in Li and Post-Li batteries.
- Provide technical direction and execution in the characterization and stabilization of open and buried interfaces in batteries, and all-solid-state batteries in particular.
- Development/Adaptation of new or alternative characterization techniques for detailed characterization of all-solid-state batteries, in particular evolution, merging and degradation of conforming layers and interfaces.
- Understanding of chemical, electrochemical and mechanical evolution of electrode/electrolyte interfaces during battery assembly and operation.
- Development of methods and electrochemical cells for the (operando) characterization of buried interfaces.
- Leadership role in various research activities, such as writing research proposals, project execution/reporting/management, writing high quality scientific research papers, and presenting research results at scientific conferences.
- Support the strategic long-term research in agreement with Scientific and Technology coordinators.
- Look after team member’s hiring and professional development. Mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Development of strategic partnerships and collaborations.
- Experience pursuing development of intellectual property to protect technology developments and secure competitive position.
We are offering a permanent position that will give you a unique opportunity to continue developing a competitive Research Group.
As a Group Leader you will find a flourishing scientific community conducting synergistic research in both the universities and other CIC Labs already operating in the region.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, the CIC energiGUNE offers a competitive basic salary augmented by important benefits such as life insurance, special conditions for a private health insurance, etc. that compare favorably with the best global private and public institutions.
The Foundation will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment.
All applicants are invited to submit through this website a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters.
The selected candidate will also apply to an Ikerbasque Permanent Researcher position and should she/he meet the scientific standards of Ikerbasque´s (the Basque Foundation for Science) call to attract senior researchers to the Research Institutions in the Basque Country.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Strong, hands-on battery research experience supported by a strong record of publications.
- Strong theoretical foundation in surface and interface characterization of battery materials. Deep understanding of interfacial structure-composition-property relationships.
- Experience in some of the following techniques: X-ray tomography, X-ray photoemission spectroscopy (XPS), X-ray photoemission electron microscopy (XPEEM), X-ray absorption spectroscopy.
- Experience with Li metal anodes will be highly valued.
- Basic knowledge of electrochemistry.
- Ability to identify and solve technical problems
- Ability to clearly support and justify technical decisions based on data and results.
- Proficiency for quickly learning new skills or field of study.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, academic and industrial partners.