CIC energiGUNE is seeking an experienced candidate to work in an ambitious and novel project which main goal will be to develop new and sustainable ionic liquids (ILs) to be employed in the field of energy storage. Sustainable feedstocks such as, amino acids, sugars, etc., and benign synthetic procedures will be evaluated in the synthesis of the ILs to gain in sustainability. The prepared ILs will be fully characterized and tested as energy storage materials. Great attention will be paid on the deep understanding of the relationship between the composition/structure of the ionic materials and their performance in the energy storage field.
All in one, this is a very challenging project and consequently, the selected candidate must show the commitment, dedication and passion for research and in facing new challenges.
The PhD will be held under the co-supervision of CICenergiGUNE and POLYMAT in the frame of a collaborative project.
- To perform high-quality research within the scope of the project
- To disseminate candidate´s research in conferences and high impact journal
- To collaborate actively with other team members
- To generate new ideas within the frame of the topic
- To provide guidance to Master- and visiting-students if required
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 3-year predoctoral employment contract that covers the whole period of the thesis elaboration with a competitive salary within the category.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment, as well as to the needs identified during the project development to ensure a fruitful stay and the fullfilment of the objectives in due time.
Candidates will join an integrated, enthusiastic, and multidisciplinary institute making high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy storage and sustainability fields.
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers which leads the return per capita in the European H2020 programe.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- MSc in Organic/inorganic Chemistry or related fields
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently
- A team player who can collaborate with other groups, technical centers, and industries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in synthesis, Schlenk techniques will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge in characterization techniques (NMR, TGA, DSC, FT-IR) is preferred
- Experience in research projects participation will be considered as a plus