The candidate will be part of a team working on a multidisciplinary environment in industrial and academic projects.
CIC energiGUNE is seeking a researcher for the development of solid-state batteries: from materials development to cell integration and characterization. The postdoc will be framed at the Ceramic research line and will integrate the group of Cells and Electrochemical Testing.
- Synthesis of inorganic solid electrolytes: development of new materials with advanced properties
- Structural, physico-chemical and electrochemical characterization of the materials
- Cell integration into lab-cell proof of concept
- Characterization of solid electrolyte-electrode interface (electrochemically and chemically)
- Dissemination of the results by writing publications, participating in conferences, etc
- Collaborate in writing proposals to secure funding from governmental, european and industrial sources.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 24-36-month position within a industrial collaboration and funded projects in the field of solid-state batteries. The selected candidate will be part of the Ceramic electrolyte research line with researchers working with similar goals.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment, as well as to the needs identified during the project development to ensure a fruitful stay and the fullfilment of the objectives in due time.
Candidates will join an integrated, enthusiastic, and multidisciplinary institute making high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy storage and sustainability fields.
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers which leads the return per capita in the European H2020 programe.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, a recommendation letter at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- PhD in Materials Science, Electrochemistry or related fields.
- Training and expertise on the synthesis, processing and characterization of solid-state inorganic electrolytes
- Experience in XRD, thermal (DSC, TGA), spectroscopy (FTIR, Raman), microscopy (SEM), electrochemical (galvanostatic cycling, CV, impedance measurements etc.) techniques
- A team player who can collaborate with other groups, technical centers, and industries.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English