CIC energiGUNE is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to work in the high throughput development of inorganic cathode materials for Li-ion batteries using automatized modules for their synthesis and characterisation with the final goal to accelerate the discovery of materials for the energy transition. This work will be performed in collaboration with Umicore.
- High throughput synthesis of inorganic cathode materials using our new automated laboratory platforms
- Physical-chemical and structural characterization of the prepared materials (X-ray diffraction, electron microscopy, chemical analyses, thermogravimetric analyses, etc.)
- Preliminary electrochemical characterization using galvanostatic cycling of half-cells.
- Collaboration in the development and optimization of automatized solutions for high throughput characterization modules
- Assessment of Supervised Learning (SL) algorithms in collaboration with the Atomistic Modelling and Computational research group
- Writing of technical reports and scientific publications and participation to national and international conferences.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 3 year contract and attractive professional development opportunities.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment, as well as to the needs identified during the project development to ensure a fruitful stay and the fullfilment of the objectives in due time.
Candidates will join an integrated, enthusiastic, and multidisciplinary institute making high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy storage and sustainability fields.
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers which leads the return per capita in the European H2020 programe.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- PhD Degree in Materials Science or Chemistry or related fields.
- Solid background in inorganic Li-ion electrode materials and their physico-chemical, structural and electrochemical characterization using various analytical techniques (XRD, SEM, DSC/TG, galvanostatic charge-discharge tests, etc.).
- Basic knowledge in computation and programming (e.g. Fortran, Python, C++) will be valued.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate well with other scientists.
- A Highly motivated person with an interest in research.
- A good level of spoken and written English Spanish is not compulsory.