CIC energiGUNE is seeking a laboratory technician to work in the design and development of automatized modules for the synthesis and characterisation of battery materials with the final goal of accelerating the discovery of materials for the energy transition.
- Help create and operate our new automated laboratory platforms.
- Evaluate and develop robotic solutions
- Develop end-to-end integrated workflows
- Development of simple programs in Python.
- Design and printing of 3D parts.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 18-month contract and attractive professional development opportunities.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment, as well as to the needs identified during the project development to ensure a fruitful stay and the fullfilment of the objectives in due time.
Candidates will join an integrated, enthusiastic, and multidisciplinary institute making high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy storage and sustainability fields.
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers which leads the return per capita in the European H2020 programe.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- Degree in robotics or electronics.
- Knowledge in C ++, Arduino or Python.
- Experience in automatization will be highly valued.
- Knowledge in CAD-type programs to design hardware.
- Knowledge in Ultimaker CURA (or other slicers) for 3D printing.
- Experience with the operation of CNC equipment and 3D printers will be valued.
- Ability to identify and solve technical problems
- Proficiency for quickly learning new skills or field of study.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate well with other scientists.
- A Highly motivated person with an interest in research.
- Good verbal skills in English