DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance- BRTA, and a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE was created in 2011 to generate excellent knowledge and at the same time useful for the Basque business network, being a reference in knowledge transfer.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com
In CIC energiGUNE we are looking for a Cell Design Engineer that will report to the Cell Prototyping Group and in collaboration with Project Managers.
Functions to be performed:
- Design of new cell concepts in their different geometries and under the constraints of battery pack definition or new cell to chassis concepts.
- Design of new cell concepts under the concept of designed to be recycled.
- Cell modeling, electrochemistry and mechanics. Finite element analysis.
- Definition of electrochemical, thermal, mechanical tests, etc, for validation of cell concepts.
- Cell cost analysis.
- Analysis and extrapolation of cell parameters to battery pack.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a permanent contract joining an innovative and cutting-edge project, focused on sustainability, value creation and the generation of collaborative ecosystems where the development of people and diversity is promoted.
CIC energiGUNE is located near the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest investment in R&D in Spain, with more than 20,000 researchers. The Basque research ecosystem is made up of a strong and collaborative community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers and companies.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a detailed curriculum vitae and two cover letters at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- Technical training, mechanical engineering or similar. Knowledge in other engineering fields (hydraulics, automation, etc) will be of interest.
- Experience of at least 5 years in the functions to be performed is desirable. Less experience will be valued depending on the quality of the same. Necessary to proof knowledge in the field of cell and/or battery pack design.
- Advanced experience in Autocad, Solidworks/Solidedge (or Catia) and mechanical, thermal, finite element analysis, etc. will be highly valued.
- Languages: English (spoken and written) is a must. Basque preferable.
- Proactive person, with high capacity for commitment and teamwork.
- Resolute person, with high level of autonomy and orientation to objectives.