DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance- BRTA, and, a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE was created in 2011 to generate excellent knowledge and at the same time useful for the Basque business network, being a reference in knowledge transfer.
CIC energiGUNE has a dynamic research team of more than 100 researchers and is extremely well equipped with a wide range of up-to-date facilities that are fully available for all its researchers. Also, the European Commission has recently (2019) awarded CIC energiGUNE with the ´HR Excellence in Research´ which reflects its commitment to achieving fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures and certifies the existence of a stimulating and favorable work environment for researchers in the institution.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com
CIC energiGUNE is looking for an experienced researcher/engineer to work on the development and prototyping of lithium metal polymer batteries.
- Raw materials quality assurance procedure definition (polymers, additives, etc).
- Polymer film formulation, extrusion and characterization (rheology, DMA, tensile strength, DSC, etc)
- Characterization of solid electrolyte-electrode interface (electrochemically and chemically) and proof of concept study of polymer-based solid batteries at the lab level.
- Cell assembly both pouch and coin cell level.
- Support and provide suggestions for process improvement (such as feeding systems, screw design, calendering, flat dies, slot dies, solvent free technologies,
- Write technical reports and procedures.
- Industrial project development and follow up.
- IP generation towards industrialization.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 36-month contract and professional development opportunities with a competitive salary within the category.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment to ensure a fruitful stay and the fullfilment of the objectives in due time.
CIC energiGUNE will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers help with accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, help with schools for children…).
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- PhD in engineering related topics: mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, materials/polymers engineering, or other technical disciplines in a related field. Masters degree and industrial experience in the field will be taken into account.
- Proven experience in:
- Polymer transformation processing
- Quality control techniques (as Rheology, DMA or Tensile strength)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (Spanish or Basque valuable but not compulsory).
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, academic and industrial partners.