DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance- BRTA, and, a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE was created in 2011 to generate excellent knowledge and at the same time useful for the Basque business network, being a reference in knowledge transfer.
CIC energiGUNE has a dynamic research team of more than 100 researchers and is extremely well equipped with a wide range of up-to-date facilities that are fully available for all its researchers. Also, the European Commission has recently (2019) awarded CIC energiGUNE with the ´HR Excellence in Research´ which reflects its commitment to achieving fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures and certifies the existence of a stimulating and favorable work environment for researchers in the institution.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com
CIC energiGUNE is seeking an experienced/Senior engineer to work on the development and assembly of advanced Li-ion batteries with silicon-based anodes.
- Define and develop novel formulations of state-of-the-art electrode materials.
- Provide technical direction and execution for the electrochemical testing and analysis of advanced Li-ion pouch cells to understand factors limiting lifetime and performance. Lead implementation of solutions.
- Investigate battery or cells failure mechanisms and perform root cause analysis to create mitigation plans.
- Transfer existing R&D processes from lab scale to pilot line.
- Contribute to the development of intellectual property towards industrialization.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 36-month contract and professional development opportunities with a competitive salary within the category.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment to ensure a fruitful stay and the fullfilment of the objectives in due time.
CIC energiGUNE will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers help with accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, help with schools for children…).
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- PhD Chemistry or Master Degree in Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical, Physics or any other
- Knowledge in silicon based anodes.
- Familiar with advanced analytical techniques to support material optimization studies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (Spanish or Basque valuable but not compulsory).
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, academic and industrial partners.
- Highly motivated to transfer technology to the industry.
- Knowledge of Safety Awareness and protocols is preferred.