DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance - BRTA, and, a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE was created in 2011 to generate excellent knowledge and at the same time useful for the Basque business network, being a reference in knowledge transfer.
CIC energiGUNE has a dynamic research team of more than 100 researchers and is extremely well equipped with a wide range of up-to-date facilities that are fully available for all its researchers. Also, the European Commission has recently (2019) awarded CIC energiGUNE with the ´HR Excellence in Research´ which reflects its commitment to achieving fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures and certifies the existence of a stimulating and favorable work environment for researchers in the institution.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com
The Ceramic Electrolytes research line at CIC energiGUNE is recruiting a researcher with expertise on inorganic solid-state batteries. The postdoctoral position is offered in the framework of an European collaborative project gathering other research center institutions. The candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary environment at CIC energiGUNE and will work in close collaboration with postdocs and PhD students in the group.
The general aims of the project are:
- Structural, physico-chemical and electrochemical characterization of inorganic solid electrolytes
- Cell integration into lab-cell proof of concept
- Electrochemical and chemical characterization of solid electrolyte-electrode interfaces
- Dissemination of the results in project meetings, publications, participating in conferences, etc
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 36-month contract within a European collaborative project in the field of inorganic solid-state batteries.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment to ensure a fruitful stay and the fullfilment of the objectives in due time.
CIC energiGUNE will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers help with accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, help with schools for children…).
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, a recommendation letter and their academic records at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- PhD degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Phsyics or related field.
- Knowledge in ceramic materials or inorganic eletrolytes is highly recommended.
The following additional experience and skills will be highly valued:
- Expertise on the synthesis and processing of solid-state inorganic electrolytes
- Characterization techniques such as XRD, thermal (DSC, TGA), spectroscopy (FTIR, Raman, XPS), microscopy (SEM)
- A team player who can collaborate with other groups, technical centers, and industries
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English