DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance- BRTA, and, a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE was created in 2011 to generate excellent knowledge and at the same time useful for the Basque business network, being a reference in knowledge transfer.
CIC energiGUNE has a dynamic research team of more than 100 researchers and is extremely well equipped with a wide range of up-to-date facilities that are fully available for all its researchers. Also, the European Commission has recently (2019) awarded CIC energiGUNE with the ´´ which reflects its commitment to achieving fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures and certifies the existence of a stimulating and favorable work environment for researchers in the institution.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at
CIC energiGUNE is looking for an experienced researcher/engineer to work on the development of lithium metal polymer batteries.
- Synthesis and characterization of polymer electrolytes and related materials.
- Polymer electrolytes formulation, processing from lab-scale to pilot-line, and characterization.
- Characterization of solid electrolyte-electrode interface (electrochemically and chemically) and proof of concept study of polymer-based solid batteries at the lab level.
- Write technical reports and procedures.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 36-month contract and professional development opportunities with a competitive salary within the category.
Access to a complete set of to ensure a fruitful stay and the fullfilment of the objectives in due time.
Candidates will join an integrated, enthusiastic, and multidisciplinary institute making and to the energy and sustainability fields.
CIC energiGUNE will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a that offers help with accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, help with schools for children…).
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information:
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- PhD in Chemistry / Polymer Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Materials Science / Electrochemistry or a related field is required.
- Wide experience in synthesis, processing, and characterization of polymeric materials.
- Expertise in polymer electrolytes and lithium batteries.
- Experience in analytical analysis techniques such as NMR, DSC, TGA, and electrochemical workstation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Spanish and Basque are optional but not compulsory.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, academic and industrial partners.