DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance- BRTA, and, a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE was created in 2011 to generate excellent knowledge and at the same time useful for the Basque business network, being a reference in knowledge transfer.
CIC energiGUNE has a dynamic research team of more than 100 researchers and is extremely well equipped with a wide range of up-to-date facilities that are fully available for all its researchers. Also, the European Commission has recently (2019) awarded CIC energiGUNE with the ´HR Excellence in Research´ which reflects its commitment to achieving fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures and certifies the existence of a stimulating and favorable work environment for researchers in the institution.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
CIC energiGUNE is seeking an experienced engineer to lead the research line of thermal management technologies for batteries and power electronics, that will join the Engineering and prototyping group of the Thermal Energy Solutions area. The candidate will be an internal reference on the technology contributing to define and guide the strategy related to it towards its final industrial application in coordination with the scientific director and technology coordinator of the area.
Within this mission daily candidate responsibilities will be to carry out a continuous monitoring and support of the research line activities and budget to make sure targets, timelines and objectives are fulfilled. This means to follow the set plan, inform of derivations to Scientific Director and Technology Coordinator, proposing measures to avoid overloads, overlaps, and prioritize dedication to critical issues.
The specific functions will be:
- To define the main strategy of the research line in collaboration with the Scientific Director and Technology coordinator, in line with the objectives of the strategic plan of the center.
- To lead a group of thermal scientists to provide new ideas and concepts towards the development of disruptive thermal management technologies for batteries and power electronics: from the idea to the experimental validation (TRL6).
- To collaborate with industrial partners to develop engineering thermal management solutions, which may involve the design and construction of prototypes at CIC energiGUNE or industrial sites.
- To develop CFD and system/process dynamic models and simulations.
- To look for funds to support the research line, elaborating public and private funding projects proposals.
- To participate in dissemination activities: peer-review articles, technical conferences, congresses, informative articles, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a permanent contract and advantageous professional development opportunities and a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, CIC energiGUNE offers a competitive basic salary and integration in an enthusiastic and multidisciplinary young group with great projection and commitments with sustainability and research quality.
The candidate will have full access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment to ensure a fruitful stay and the fulfillment of the objectives.
CIC energiGUNE will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers help with accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, help with schools for children…).
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us.
All applicants are invited to submit through this website detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters at this webpage.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical engineering or related fields.
- PhD in a related topic.
- Experience in preparing R&D projects proposals and/or leading and coordination of R&D projects.
- More than 5 years’ experience using computational fluid dynamic (CFD) software (i.e. ANSYS Fluent, OpenFOAM, STAR-CCM+ or similar), for thermal applications.
- Experience on system dynamics modeling will be very valuable (i.e. TRNSYS, Modelica, Simulink or similar).
- Knowledge of hardware-related interface programming will be an asset.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, academic and industrial partners.