CIC energiGUNE is seeking a senior researcher to lead the Sodium ion batteries research line. The candidate will be responsible for CIC energiGUNE’s Sodium ion strategy, in coordination with the area’s scientific director and technology coordinator. Responsibilities include identifying research needs and opportunities for the industrial development of competitive Sodium ion battery technology, from the idea to the experimental validation, combining excellent and applied science. The candidate will be supported by a group of senior scientists and first-class scientific facilities. The candidate is expected to be an international referent for this Sodium ion technology and to develop material concepts that articulate into prototypes for manufacturing.
- to define the Sodium ion research line strategy in collaboration with the Scientific Director and Technology coordinator, in line with the objectives of the center’s strategic plan.
- to coordinate and support research activities in collaboration with research team leaders to make sure targets, timelines and objectives are fulfilled.
- to monitor the research line budget and identify funding opportunities, writing public and private project proposals.
- to identify overloads and overlaps, and to prioritize dedication to critical tasks
- to inform of project derivations to Scientific Director and Technology Coordinator.
- to participate in dissemination activities: peer-review articles, technical conferences, congresses, dissemination articles, etc.
- to support our international partners in industry and academia.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a permanent contract as Senior Researcher, advantageous professional development opportunities and a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, CIC energiGUNE offers a competitive salary and integration in an enthusiastic and multidisciplinary international group with great projection and commitments with sustainability and research quality.
The candidate will have full access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment to ensure a fruitful stay and the fulfillment of the objectives.
Candidates will join an integrated, enthusiastic, and multidisciplinary institute making high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
CIC energiGUNE will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers help with accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, help with schools for children…).
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical energy storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance- BRTA, and a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE was created in 2011 to generate excellent knowledge and at the same time useful for the Basque business network, being a reference in knowledge transfer.
CIC energiGUNE has a dynamic research team of more than 100 researchers and is extremely well equipped with a wide range of up-to-date facilities that are fully available for all its researchers. Also, the European Commission has recently (2019) awarded CIC energiGUNE with the ´HR Excellence in Research´ which reflects its commitment to achieving fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures and certifies the existence of a stimulating and favorable work environment for researchers in the institution.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
- PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- More than 5 years’ experience in Sodium ion Industrial experience in Sodium ion technology will be highly valued.
- hands-on battery research experience supported by a good publication record.
- Ability to identify and solve technical challenges.
- Ability to justify intellectual and technical decisions based on scientific results.
- Willingness to learn new skills or approach a new field of study.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate with peers in the academic and industry sectors.