The Cell Prototyping group at CIC energiGUNE is searching for a Postdoctoral Researcher to engage in the research and development of new generation Li ion batteries.
- Electrode engineering, including ink formulation, mixing, coating, drying and densification of electrodes.
- Physicochemical characterization of inks and electrodes.
- Assembly of cells (pouch, cylindrical) for the electrochemical characterization the system.
- Deliver feedback to Research line Managers and Group Leaders to guide material optimization and processability which is aligned with final use requirements
- Post-mortem analysis. Investigate cells failure mechanisms and perform root cause analysis to create mitigation plans
- Contribute to the development of intellectual property
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 3-year contract and advantageous professional development opportunities with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment to ensure a fruitful stay and the fulfillment of the objectives in due time.
CIC energiGUNE will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers help with accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, help with schools for children…).
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us.
All applicants are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae at this webpage.
The selection process ends once a candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or other related topics in which the selected candidate can work autonomously.
- Experience on ink processing and coatings
- Strong background in electrode formulation and processing, both at laboratory scale and pilot-scale.
- Hands-on experience with electrochemical testing methods
- Systemic problem-solving skills.
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, academic and industrial partners.
- The selected candidate must be able to communicate effectively in English in a multidisciplinary environment.