DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance - BRTA and a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE is a reference in knowledge transfer and was created in 2011 to generate fundamental excellence knowledge useful for the Basque business network.
CIC energiGUNE has a dynamic research team of more than 130 researchers and is extremely well equipped with a wide range of up-to-date facilities that are fully available to all the research community. In 2019, the European Commission has awarded CIC energiGUNE with the ´HR Excellence in Research´ label, which reflects the center´s commitment to implement fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal practices, and certifies its salutary work environment.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com
The Cell Prototyping group at CIC energiGUNE is searching for a Research Engineer to engage in the research and development of new generation Li ion batteries.
- Raw materials quality assurance procedure definition (polymers, salts, additives, fillers, etc.).
- Polymer electrolytes formulation and processing from lab-scale to prototyping line, characterization (rheology, DMA, tensile strength, DSC, etc.) and validation.
- Strong collaboration with polymer rich electrolyte research line towards the technology validation and scale up and processability.
- Cell assembly both pouch and coin cell level.
- Write technical reports and procedures.
- Industrial project development and follow up
- IP generation towards industrialization.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 3-year contract and advantageous professional development opportunities with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment to ensure a fruitful stay and the fulfillment of the objectives in due time.
Candidates will join an integrated, enthusiastic, and multidisciplinary institute making high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
CIC energiGUNE will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a Welcome program that offers help with accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, help with schools for children…).
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us.
All applicants are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae at this webpage.
The selection process ends once a candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- Mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, materials/polymer engineering, or other technical disciplines in a related field. A PhD will be highly valued.
- Polymer transformation processing.
- Quality control techniques for product and process definition and validation (Rheology, DMA, Tensile strength, solid Karl Fischer titration, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (Spanish or Basque valuable but not compulsory).
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, academic and industrial partners.
- Experience in next fields will be very valuable:
- Polymer synthesis
- Extruder screws design
- continuous processing
- Energy storage and Electrochemical testing
- Design of experiments