DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance - BRTA and a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE is a reference in knowledge transfer and was created in 2011 to generate fundamental excellence knowledge useful for the Basque business network.
CIC energiGUNE has a dynamic research team of more than 130 researchers and is extremely well equipped with a wide range of up-to-date facilities that are fully available to all the research community. In 2019, the European Commission has awarded CIC energiGUNE with the ´HR Excellence in Research´ label, which reflects the center´s commitment to implement fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal practices, and certifies its salutary work environment.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com
CIC energiGUNE is seeking an experienced researcher to lead the study of transport phenomena and reactivity of solids and solid-solid interfaces for their application in energy storage technologies.
The selected candidate will lead a group of multidisciplinary researchers with broad expertise in their field and continue developing a competitive Research Group in the context of a state-of-the-art research landscape.
- Design, characterization and stabilization of inorganic surfaces and interfaces in Li and Post-Li batteries.
- Measurement of ionic and electronic transport properties of ceramic materials and metal anodes.
- Understanding the coupling between chemistry, electrochemistry, ionic transport and mechanics (fracture, stress and strains, deformation, etc.) in solid-state batteries.
- Provide technical direction and execution in the development of scalable manufacturing processes for solid-state cells.
- Contribute to the development of Li and post-Li technologies.
- Be a referent and share knowledge in:
- Electrochemistry and testing of solid-state cells.
- Use of operando techniques and methods.
- Synthesis of inorganic materials.
- Leadership role in various research activities, such as writing research proposals, project execution/reporting/management, writing high quality scientific research papers, and presenting research results at scientific conferences.
- Support the strategic long-term research in agreement with Scientific and Technology coordinators.
- Look after team member’s hiring and professional development.
- Development of strategic partnerships and collaborations.
- Experience pursuing development of intellectual property to protect technology developments and secure competitive position.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a permanent contract to join an innovative and cutting-edge center focused on sustainability, value creation and the generation of collaborative ecosystems where the development of people and diversity is promoted.
Candidates will join an integrated, enthusiastic, and multidisciplinary institute making high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
CIC energiGUNE will help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program. We allow schedule flexibility and we operate under a hybrid remote/in-person work model.
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a detailed curriculum vitae and two reference letters at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, engineering or similar.
- Proven track record in science in the field of inorganic materials and solid state ionics in the battery sector.
- Deep knowledge and expertise in:
- Physical chemistry of solids
- Electronic properties and reactivity
- The use of physical methods and concepts (quantum chemistry, spectroscopy, solid state physics, etc.).
- Physicochemical processes that are important for modern solid-state energy and interface technologies.
- Long-term strategical research vision.
- Demonstrated experience in team management.
- Proactive, with high capacity of commitment and team work, spirit of cooperation and personal improvement.
- Resolute, with a high level of autonomy and goal orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English