DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance- BRTA, and, a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE was created in 2011 to generate excellent knowledge and at the same time useful for the Basque business network, being a reference in knowledge transfer.
CIC energiGUNE has a dynamic research team of more than 150 researchers and is extremely well equipped with a wide range of up-to-date facilities that are fully available for all its researchers. Also, the European Commission has recently (2019) awarded CIC energiGUNE with the ´HR Excellence in Research´ which reflects its commitment to achieving fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures and certifies the existence of a stimulating and favorable work environment for researchers in the institution.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
The Cell Prototyping group at CIC energiGUNE is searching for a laboratory technician to work on the upscaling of cathode materials for Li-ion batteries.
Functions of the candidate will include:
- Prepare solutions.
- Carry out titration and density measurements.
- Synthesis of materials according to established procedures.
- Physicochemical characterization of the materials fabricated: scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and X-Ray diffraction (XRD).
- Electrode preparation, cell assembly and basic electrochemical testing.
- Support preparing reports or technical documentation.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a 12-month contract and advantageous professional development opportunities.
Access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment to ensure a fruitful stay and the fulfillment of the objectives in due time.
Candidates will join an integrated, enthusiastic, and multidisciplinary institute making high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us.
- Laboratory Technician, or degree in Materials Science, Physics or Chemistry.
- The selected candidate must be able to communicate effectively in English in a multidisciplinary environment (Spanish or Basque valuable but not compulsory).
- Ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrated self-motivation.
- Experience in these fields will be highly valued:
- Co-precipitation synthesis
- Titration techniques