CIC energiGUNE is seeking a senior researcher in metal ion batteries. The candidate will actively add value to CIC energiGUNE’s Metal ion batteries strategy (mainly Sodium ion), in coordination with the area’s scientific director and technology coordinator. Responsibilities include identifying research needs and opportunities for the industrial development of competitive metal ion battery technology, from the idea to the experimental validation, combining excellent and applied science.
The candidate will be supported by a group of senior scientists and first-class scientific facilities. The candidate is expected to be a referent in the metal ion batteries field and to develop materials to be tested and implemented into prototypes for manufacturing.
- To collaborate with the Scientific Director and Technology coordinator in the definition of the research strategy for the Sodium ion batteries technology.
- To define and develop the roadmap to generate knowledge on game-changer materials and systems for Sodium ion batteries.
- To identify and manage funding opportunities (private/public) in order to ensure the research activities and projects achieve their goals.
- To collaborate with our international partners in industry and academia and create competitive project teams and consortiums.
- To perform research activities in collaboration with other research leaders ensuring that targets, timelines, and objectives are fulfilled.
- To participate in dissemination activities: peer-review articles, technical conferences, congresses, dissemination articles, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are offering a permanent contract as Senior Researcher, advantageous professional development opportunities and a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, CIC energiGUNE offers a competitive salary and integration in an enthusiastic and multidisciplinary international group with great projection and commitments with sustainability and research quality.
The candidate will have full access to a complete set of existing laboratory infrastructure and equipment to ensure a fruitful stay and the fulfillment of the objectives.
Candidates will join an integrated, enthusiastic, and multidisciplinary institute making high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
CIC energiGUNE will also help smooth the transition for you and your family, providing a welcome program that offers help with accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, help with schools for children…). We allow schedule flexibility and we operate under a hybrid remote/in-person work model.
CIC energiGUNE is located close to the city of Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), in the heart of the Basque Country. The Basque Country is the region with the highest R&D investment in Spain, with more than 20.000 researchers. The basque research ecosystem comprises a solid and collaborating community composed of universities, technology and cooperative research centers.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us.
All applicants are invited to submit through this website detailed curriculum vitae.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
CIC energiGUNE is a research center specialized in energy, electrochemical energy storage (batteries and supercapacitors), thermal energy solutions and hydrogen, a member of the Basque Research and Technology Alliance- BRTA, and a strategic initiative of the Basque Government. CIC energiGUNE was created in 2011 to generate excellent knowledge and at the same time useful for the Basque business network, being a reference in knowledge transfer.
CIC energiGUNE has a dynamic research team of more than 100 researchers and is extremely well equipped with a wide range of up-to-date facilities that are fully available for all its researchers. Also, the European Commission has recently (2019) awarded CIC energiGUNE with the ´HR Excellence in Research´ which reflects its commitment to achieving fair and transparent recruitment and appraisal procedures and certifies the existence of a stimulating and favorable work environment for researchers in the institution.
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
- PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- More than 5 years’ experience in metal ion battery research.
- Industrial experience in Sodium ion or Lithium ion technology will be highly valued.
- Hands-on battery research experience supported by a good publication record.
- Ability to identify and solve technical challenges with a technology transfer perspective.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate with peers in the academic and industry sectors.