The person will work on the development of new electrode materials for next-generation Li-ion and Na-ion batteries. He/she will join the dynamic and multidisciplinary research team who has set up the Materials Acceleration Platform (MAP) of CIC energiGUNE to speed up the discovery rate of new battery materials. The candidate will be in charge to explore new families of promising compounds for high-energy electrode materials, with the help of the automatized modules for synthesis and characterization developed at CIC energiGUNE.
The research activity will involve synthesis, structural, physico-chemical and electrochemical characterization of the electrode materials, and will be done in close collaboration with world-leading industrial partners.
- Synthesis of inorganic cathode materials using our new automated high-throughput laboratory platform.
- Physical-chemical and structural characterization of the synthesized materials (X-ray diffraction, electron microscopy, etc.)
- Electrochemical characterization of the most promising electrode materials.
- Collaboration in the development and optimization of automatized solutions for high-throughput characterization modules.
- Collaboration in the assessment of Machine Learning (SL) models of the self-driving experimental planner.
- Writing technical reports and scientific publications and participation to national and international conferences.
Área: Electrochemical energy storage (EES)
Research group: Advanced Electrode Materials
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 36-months contract and attractive professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid distance/on-site work model.
- Full access to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and .
- Professional and personal development; opportunity to attend seminars, conferences, trainings, etc.
- Integrated, enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary environment.
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us.
All applicants are invited to submit their application a detailed curriculum vitae at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
- WHO ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/who-are-we
- OUR FACILITIES: https://cicenergigune.com/en/platforms-facilities
- EES RESEARCH GROUP: https://cicenergigune.com/en/electrochemical-storage-research-groups
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
- PhD Degree in Materials Science, Chemistry or related fields.
- Solid background in inorganic synthesis, and physical-chemical and structural characterizations.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and autonomy.
- A good team player who can collaborate well with other scientists.
- A highly motivated person with an interest in research.
- A good level of spoken and written English.
- Experience in electrochemical characterizations and in the battery field will be valued, but is not compulsory.
- Basic knowledge in computation and programming (e.g. Fortran, Python, C++) or willingness to develop these skills will be valued