CIC energiGUNE is looking for a researcher to work on the electrochemical testing for Li-ion solid state batteries.
- Perform electrochemical characterization and analysis of advanced Li-ion cells.
- Process and analyse the results obtained from the characterization tests and give conclusions and provide ideas to improve the lifetime and performance.
- Investigate battery or cells failure mechanisms and perform root cause analysis to create mitigation plans.
- Perform PostMortem analysis of cells and batteries.
- Contribute to the development of intellectual property towards industrialization.
Area: Electrochemical energy storage (EES)
Research group: Battery Post-Mortem Analysis and Ageing
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 36-months contract and attractive professional development opportunities with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid distance/on-site work model.
- Full access to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and characterization platforms.
- The incorporation to a top research center in Europe that makes high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
- Professional and personal development: opportunity to attend seminars, international conferences, trainings, etc.
- Integrated, enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary environment.
- A welcome program that offers help with finding accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, assistance with the administrative procedures, help with schools for children…).
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a detailed curriculum vitae at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
- WHO ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/who-are-we
- WHERE ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/welcome
- OUR FACILITIES: https://cicenergigune.com/en/platforms-facilities
- EES RESEARCH GROUPS: https://cicenergigune.com/en/electrochemical-storage-research-groups
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
- PhD in Electrochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related fields.
- Electrochemistry characterization techniques knowledge and experience: galvanostatic and potentiostatic techniques.
- Experience working in an electrochemistry laboratory
- Knowledge in data processing and analytics.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (Spanish or Basque valuable but not compulsory).
- A good team player who can collaborate with other researchers and with external partners.
- Highly motivated to transfer technology to the industry.
- Knowledge of safety awareness and protocols is preferred.