CIC energiGUNE is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to work on the development of metal-air batteries.
- Study of the oxygen reduction and evolution reactions on bifunctional cathodes (e.g. rotating disk electrode characterization).
- Design and electrochemical testing of metal-air batteries.
- Selection of electrode materials and integration into electrochemical cells.
- Develop understanding and insight in electrochemical analyses and relation with material properties; identification and generation of new ideas for IP generation.
- Characterization of materials, cell components and their interfaces using various analytical techniques (physicochemical, structural and electrochemical techniques).
Area: Electrochemical energy storage (EES)
Research line: Metal-air batteries
WHAT WE OFFER:
A 36-months contract and attractive professional development opportunities with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
Flexible working hours and hybrid distance/on-site work model.
Full access to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and characterization platforms.
Professional and personal development: opportunity to attend seminars, international conferences, trainings, etc
Integrated, enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary environment
A welcome program that offers help with finding accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, assistance with the administrative procedures, help with schools for children…)
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
- PhD in Chemical or Materials engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science or Engineering related field;
- Experience in: Preparation and/or processing of air electrodes and their integration into a full system; Electrochemical characterization (e.g. batteries) by cyclic voltammetry, galvanostatic charge-discharge tests and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy measurements; Characterization of materials and interfaces using structural and physicochemical analysis techniques such as X-ray diffraction (XRD), electron microscopy (SEM), FTIR and Raman spectroscopy will be valuable;
- A team player who can collaborate with other groups, technical centres, and industry;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.