Natalia Romano is a Materials Engineer from the National University of Mar del Plata (UNMDP) in Argentina. She is currently doing a Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Program in Materials for Energy Conversion and Storage (MESC+) and has joined the CIC energiGUNE in 2021 for her master´s thesis under the supervision of Dr. Montse Casas-Cabanas and Dr. María Ángeles Cabañero in collaboration with Dr. María Rosa Palacín (ICMAB, Barcelona), in which she will conduct a study of blended positive electrodes for lithium-ion batteries.
- Energy storage materials
- Reuse and recycling of materials
- Sustainability and renewable energies
- Optimization of manufacturing parameters in carbon fiber composite prototypes by filament winding.
- Synthesis and characterization of perovskite thin films for photovoltaic cells.
- 2019 - Erasmus+ EMJMD Scholarship (for MESC+ Joint Master’s Degree, Class #15 2019-2021).
- 2017 - Roberto Rocca Scholarship for Advanced Students in Engineering and Geosciences.
- 2016 - I.DEAR-Materials Exchange Program Scholarship (for Materials Science & Engineering studies in Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, supported by CUAA-DAHZ, Deutsch-Argentinische Hochschulzentrum).
- 2012 - Roberto Rocca Scholarship for Students in Engineering and Geosciences. Renewed in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.