We are now offering internship opportunities in the field of Electrochemical Energy Storage (EES) and Thermal Energy Storage (TES). If you want to join a young, dynamic, collaborative and multidisciplinary team, learn from world-renowned scientists, and use state-of-the-art equipment and technology, this is your opportunity!
Applications are open to students in areas like materials science, physics, chemistry, engineering, or related topics who wish to develop their research skills.
RESEARCH AREAS & TOPICS:
Projects in Electrochemical Energy Storage Area:
- Developing a hydrometallurgical process to integrate a CAM synthesis step into the recycling process of spent Li-ion batteries containing nickale, cobalt and manganese
- Accelerate battery cell design using finite element analysis tools
- Optimized Thin Sodium Metal Anodes for Sodium Solid State Batteries
- Mixed ionic-electronic conducting binders for Li batteries
- Exploration of new high-voltage spinels as cathode active materials
- Dry electrode processing
- Synthesis characterization of iron complexes for high-performance and low-cost all-iron redox flow batteries
- Design of Sn-Ti alloys as anodes for lithium-ion capacitors
- Fabrication and characterization of printed flexible microsupercapacitors using different aqueous ink formulations
Projects Thermal Energy Storage Area:
- Coatings for medium-temperature solid-solid PCMs intended for thermal energy storage
- Coating approach for inorganic Phase Change Material (PCM).
- Exploring the Potential of Superhydrophobic Surfaces for Enhancing Single Phase Flow Heat Transfer Efficiency
- Machine-Learning Assisted Investigation of Molecular Springs for Thermomechanical Energy Storage and Conversion
All applicants are invited to submit their applications at this website.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
- WHO ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/who-are-we
- WHERE ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/welcome
- OUR FACILITIES: https://cicenergigune.com/en/platforms-facilities
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
We are looking for students currently studying at a higher education institution in order to obtain a Vocational Education, Bachelor or Master's degree at the time of the internship, preferably in materials science, physics, chemistry or engineering.