The Cell Prototyping group at CIC energiGUNE is searching for a Research Engineer to engage in the research and development of new generation Li ion batteries.
- Raw materials quality assurance procedure definition (polymers, salts, additives, fillers, etc.).
- Polymer electrolytes formulation and processing from lab-scale to prototyping line, characterization (rheology, DMA, tensile strength, DSC, etc.) and validation.
- Strong collaboration with polymer rich electrolyte research line towards the technology validation and scale up and processability.
- Cell assembly both pouch and coin cell level.
- Write technical reports and procedures.
- Industrial project development and follow up
- IP generation towards industrialization.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 36-months contract and professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working day with a hybrid model of face-to-face and telework.
- Full access to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and characterization platforms.
- The incorporation to a top research center in Europe that makes high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
- Professional and personal development: opportunity to attend seminars, international conferences, trainings, etc.
- Integrated, enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary environment.
- A welcome program that offers help with finding accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, assistance with the administrative procedures, help with schools for children…).
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
All applicants are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae at this webpage.
The selection process ends once a candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
- WHO ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/who-are-we
- WHERE ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/welcome
- OUR FACILITIES: https://cicenergigune.com/en/platforms-facilities
- EES RESEARCH GROUPS: https://cicenergigune.com/en/electrochemical-storage-research-groups
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
- Mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, materials/polymer engineering, or other technical disciplines in a related field. A PhD will be highly valued.
- Polymer transformation processing.
- Quality control techniques for product and process definition and validation (Rheology, DMA, Tensile strength, solid Karl Fischer titration, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (Spanish or Basque valuable but not compulsory).
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, academic and industrial partners.
- Experience in next fields will be very valuable:
- Polymer synthesis
- Extruder screws design
- continuous processing
- Energy storage and Electrochemical testing
- Design of experiments