We are looking for a researcher to collaborate in the Cell Prototyping group and in the Ceramic Electrolyte research line of CIC energiGUNE. The person will be dedicated to the research and development of the new generation of solid-state Li-ion batteries. The Researcher position is offered in the framework of a European collaborative project gathering other research center institutions.
The role of the selected candidate will be the manufacturing of solid-state pouch cell prototypes, from the cell design and assembly to the electrochemical testing and post-mortem characterization. This activity lies within the scientific areas of new process development, cell manufacturing, technology development and transfer and manufacturing engineering.
Main responsibilities of the candidate will include:
- Define, design, install and set up a process for assembling solid-state pouch cell prototypes, with special focus on mechanical engineering aspects.
- Assembly of lab-scale cells for the electrochemical characterization of electrodes for prior validation.
- Assembly and electrochemical characterization of pouch cell prototypes for technology validation.
- Investigating mechanisms of cell failure and performing root cause analysis to create mitigation plans.
- Deliver feedback to Research Line Manager and Group Leader to guide the technology validation and scale up.
- Dissemination of the results in project meetings, publications, participation in conferences, etc.
Area: Electrochemical energy storage (EES)
Research group: Cell prototyping
WHAT WE OFFER:
- We are offering a 3-year contract and advantageous professional development opportunities with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
- Flexible working hours and with on-site work model with the option to eventually telework.
- Full access to cutting-edge laboratory facilities and characterization platforms.
- The incorporation to a top research center in Europe that makes high quality research and impactful contributions to the energy and sustainability fields.
- Professional and personal development: opportunity to attend seminars, international conferences, training courses, etc.
- Integrated, enthusiastic, international and multidisciplinary environment.
- A welcome program that offers help with finding accommodation and addresses other aspects to help you integrate into the local environment (such as free language courses, assistance with the administrative procedures, help with schools for children…).
For more information: https://cicenergigune.com/en/work-with-us
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are invited to submit their applications including a detailed curriculum vitae at this website.
The selection process ends once the candidate is selected.
CIC energiGUNE is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
DESCRIPTION OF THE INSTITUTION:
- WHO ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/who-are-we
- WHERE ARE WE? https://cicenergigune.com/en/welcome
- OUR FACILITIES: https://cicenergigune.com/en/platforms-facilities
- EES RESEARCH GROUPS: https://cicenergigune.com/en/electrochemical-storage-research-groups
For more details on CIC energiGUNE's research activities please visit our website at http://www.cicenergigune.com.
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or another related field.
- Knowledge in inorganic electrolytes is highly recommended.
- Background in pouch cell prototype assembly.
- Hands-on experience with electrochemical testing methods such as galvanostatic charging, cyclic voltammetry, and EIS.
- A good team player who can collaborate with other groups, technical centres, and industries.
- The selected candidate must be able to communicate effectively in English in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English is essential.