Beatriz Corral obtained her degree in Chemical Engineering from the Engineering School of Bilbao (University of the Basque Country), with specialization in environmental issues, focused on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Best Available Technologies (BATs). Since 2012, Beatriz is working as Technology Transfer & R+D Project Manager in CIC energiGUNE (Basque Country, Spain), EKOTEK S.L. (Basque Country, Spain), Queen’s University of Belfast (Belfast, United Kingdom) and INNOVA, S.p.A. (Rome, Italy), acquiring extensive international experience. In this capacity, Beatriz has been dealing with all organizational, administrative, economic and IP management aspects of projects that involve medium to large consortiums, including high-level stakeholders and multicultural environments. In addition, Beatriz has been the technical responsible for R+D projects related to decontamination of contaminated soils, wastewater treatment technologies, life cycle analysis and eco-toxicity studies of nanomaterials. Thanks to all this, Beatriz has the privilege of being up to date with a variety of fascinating subject matters that can give a response to the challenges industries are facing and to achieve sustainable and fruitful development. In 2018, Beatriz joined the Business Development Department of CIC energiGUNE as Technology Transfer & R+D Project Manager and Coordinator of the Competitive Surveillance System, where her main functions are:
- Enabling the transfer of the technology developed by CIC energiGUNE towards the industry.
- Pursuing new streams of funding by applying for public grants at regional (Elkartek, Hazitek), national (CDTI, MICINN) and international (H2020, LIFE, Interreg +, ERA.NET). Proposal preparation from concept design, budget building to submission.
- Coordinating the Competitive Surveillance System implemented in CIC energiGUNE, which contributes to the competitive management of its projects.
- Coordinating Excellence in Research Grants (Pre and post-doctoral grants of the Basque Government, Juan de la Cierva, Ramón y Cajal, Marie Curie, Mobility Grants, etc.)
- Project management: planning, report writing, effective presentation of results and dissemination campaigns’ managing.
- Intellectual and Industrial Property Management: patent application, portfolio management and identification of exploitation opportunities.
- Developing the Center´s collaborative framework: identity, establish and maintain collaboration channels with other entities (companies, technology centres, universities, etc.).
- 2015-2018. EKOTEK S.L. Environmental Engineering and Consultancy Services. R&D project manager and technical responsible for projects related to decontamination of contaminated soils, wastewater treatment technologies, life cycle analysis and eco-toxicity studies of nanomaterials.
- 2012-2015. Innova S.p.A, Innovation and Technology Consultancy. R&D project manager and researcher in life cycle analysis and nanotechnologies.
- 2013-2014. Queen’s University of Belfast. Researcher on the impact of emerging technologies on society.
- 2011-2012. DYNA Engineering Journal S.L. Sales representative.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering from the Bilbao School of Engineering (University of the Basque Country)