Leire Olaeta finished her studies of Business Administration at Deusto University in 2010. Shortly after, she joined KPMG Advisory (2010-2013), mainly doing commercial due diligence and independent business reviews (IBR) for energy and mass market sector. In 2013 she joined the Business Development department of Redexis gas (2013-2015), a Spanish gas transport and distribution company owned by Goldman Sachs, where she mainly worked in investment and sales planning and controlling, leading inter-department projects. During this period, she acquired extensive knowledge on business strategy, market research, business projection modelling, investment analysis and team management. Finally, she joined the Business Development area at CIC energiGUNE in 2015 as Technology Transfer & R+D Project Manager, where her main functions are:
- Enabling the transfer of the technology developed by CIC energiGUNE towards the industry.
- Pursuing new streams of funding by applying for public grants at regional (Elkartek, Hazitek), national (CDTI, MICINN) and international (H2020, LIFE, Interreg +, ERA.NET) level. Proposal preparation from concept design, budget building to submission.
- Coordinating Excellence in Research Grants (Pre and post-doctoral grants of the Basque Government, Juan de la Cierva, Ramón y Cajal, Marie Curie, Mobility Grants, etc.)
- Project management: planning, report writing, effective presentation of results and dissemination campaigns’ managing.
- Intellectual and Industrial Property Management: patent application, portfolio management and identification of exploitation opportunities.
- Developing the Center´s collaborative framework: identity, establish and maintain collaboration channels with other entities (companies, technology centres, universities, etc.).
- 09/2010-12/2013. KPMG Advisory. Consulting Analyst
- 12/2013-10/2015. Redexis gas (Goldman Sachs). Business development Analyst
- 10/2015-today. CIC energiGUNE. R&D project analyst
- Business Administration at Deusto University